Dutch for civic Integration (DUO)

Learning Dutch is part of the integration process. We will always aim to help you with learning Dutch for your civic integration process. To start a language course at VU-NT2 there are a few requirements.

Have you completed your secondary education, at least at the equivalent of Dutch Havo level or higher? If your answer is yes, you have two possibilities. 

1. Would you like to prepare yourself for the NT2 State Exam, programme II (level B2)?
•    Do you have enough time to follow an intensive daytime course (3-4 classes per week, 15 hours self study per week)?
•    Would you like to take the examination NT2 State Exam, programme I within 3 months after accomplishing you language course?

If your answer is yes on both questions, we have a suitable course for you! Dutch for State Exam II.

If your answer is no on these questions, we are sorry we can’t help you. Our advice is to look out for another language school with a quality label for civic integration of Blik op Werk.

How to apply

An intake test (oral and/or written) is part of the entry procedure. If you cannot yet speak any Dutch, knowledge of the English language at level A2 is essential. There are a number of steps you need to take before you can start a course. Please read the procedure below carefully.

1. Applying for a loan from DUO 
Apply for a loan from DUO. If DUO decides to grant you a loan, you will be sent a letter containing the maximum amount you will be able to lend. This information is also available on your personal page 'Mijn Inburgering'.
2. Filling in the application form
You can find the application form here. You are asked to upload a screenshot of your personal page in 'Mijn Inburgering' stating the amount in your DUO-loan.
3.Visiting the consultation hours(and possibly an intake test) 
After you have filled in the application form, you have to make an appointment for the consultation hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 15.00 until 17.00). Please do this as soon as possible. During the consultation hours you will have an intake meeting with one of our teachers. This intake is online (via Zoom for Education). He or she will decide whether you can be admitted to one of the VU-NT2 courses. You might have to take an intake test as well, before we can determine whether we can grant you admission. Please note that an appointment for the consultation hours is necessary to complete your registration.
4. Signing a contract
VU-NT2 will prepare you for the NT2 State Exam, programme II (SE NT2) or NT2 State Exam, programme I (SE NT2). We ask you to sign a contract at the start of your courses at VU-NT2. This contract contains agreements about the course programme.
NB: Do you want to leave the programme after completing a course because you have been offered a job, because you did not pass the final tests for a course, or for another good reason? In this case, we can annul the contract after consulting with VU-NT2’s Integration coordinator. This is officially recorded (mandatory).
5. Accept the invoice online
If you are admitted to a VU-NT2 course, we ask you to accept the invoice for DUO online in 'mijn inburgering'.
If you do have a loan, but DUO does not pay the invoice (for whatever reason), you will still have to pay the total amount yourself. The option to pay in terms is also available. VU-NT2 will prepare you for the NT2 State Exam, programme II (SE NT2). 

Please call to make an appointment: 020 598 6398 (Monday - Friday, between 13.00 - 17.00 hrs.).

Any questions?

If you have any questions about our courses, please send an email to vu-nt2@vu.nl or come to one of our consultation hours, Tuesday or Thursday between 15.00 and 17.00 hrs. Please call to make an appointment: 020-5986398 (Monday - Friday, between 13.00 and 17.00 hrs.)

Please read our general terms and conditions here.

Keurmerk Blik op werk

VU-NT2 has been accredited by Keurmerk Blik op Werk. If you are granted a loan by DUO, you will be able to follow a language course at VU-NT2.